The City of Winkler’s main purpose is to make our residents and visitors alike feel pride for the community, province, and country they live in or visit. Our Community Services Department plays an important role in this by providing services, activities and events that enhance the quality of life for our residents and visitors. We promote health, wellness, learning and fun by maintaining our parks, facilities and outdoor spaces as well as providing programming in these various indoor and outdoor spaces. You could be a part of the Community Services team by applying for the casual position as our Event Host.
What You’ll Do:
The Event host is responsible for creating a refreshing and memorable experience, ensuring that all event clients are satisfied throughout their event, constantly exceeding guests’ expectations by anticipating their needs, beginning with set-up prior to the event, through the take-down process.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greeting guests upon arrival/directing them to the appropriate place
- Communicate with event staff about event timing and any special requests
- Create a personal connection with the event contact while ensuring that all the guests needs are exceeded
- Ensure the ending of the event is a pleasant experience
- Ensure guests leave eager to return, always extending a friendly farewell
What You’ll Bring:
A positive and dedicated attitude with great team spirit and self-motivation.
Qualifications You’ll Need:
- Willing to work a variety of day, evening, and weekend shifts
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure while multitasking
- Friendly and outgoing and good public relations skills
- Exceptional speaking and listening skills with teammates and guests
- Fluent English communication
- Possesses a positive, service orientated attitude towards all guests and employees
Casual position based on scheduled events that require a host
Want to apply?
Deliver your resume in one of the following ways:
City of Winkler
185 Main St. Winkler, MB
* please state the position you are applying for if mailing your resume
Wendy Klassen, HR Manager
185 Main Street Winkler
Marked “Attn: HR – 2022 Community Services Event Host”)
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2022 Community Services Event Host"
Friday, July 8, 2022
We appreciate all applications. However, only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Disability accommodations available upon request.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POSITION? Please submit your questions here: https://forms.office.com/r/EFWLPw5WqH