The City of Winkler’s main purpose is to make our residents and visitors alike feel pride for the community, province, and country they live in or visit. Our Community Services Department plays an important role in this by providing services, activities and events that enhance the quality of life for our residents and visitors. We promote health, wellness, learning and fun by maintaining our parks, facilities and outdoor spaces as well as providing programming in these various indoor and outdoor spaces. You could be part of this awesome team by applying for the Recreation Maintenance Supervisor position.
What You’ll Do:
Working together with your recreation team, the Recreation Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the city’s recreation facilities and green spaces. This person will oversee the recreation maintenance and custodial staff and play an important role in the effective and reliable delivery of recreation services to customers.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- To oversee the maintenance and custodial staff and ensure all equipment, facilities, and green spaces are well maintained
- Develop policies related to park operations and amenities such as indoor facilities, playgrounds, pool, splash pad, sports fields and courts, green spaces, campground, and the City’s outdoor ice rinks
- To oversee operations and maintenance of all equipment and facilities with proficiency
- To supervise the maintenance of the city’s parks, sports fields, outdoor rinks, campground, facilities, etc.
- Oversee the repairs and servicing of equipment and facilities as needed
- To complete staff schedules and approve timesheets, vacation days and holiday schedules
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual recreation maintenance operating budget in collaboration with the Director of Community Services
- To assist Director with establishment of Capital Plan Submission
- Ensures that standard operating procedures are developed, implemented, and followed for all recreation maintenance operations
- Provides supervision, performance management, as well as individual development plans, mentoring and guidance to the recreation maintenance staff and custodial staff
- Oversees the service delivery and performance of their staff’s scope of work
- Ensures that adequate training and onboarding of team members is implemented
What You’ll Bring:
As the Recreation Maintenance Supervisor, you must bring a positive and dedicated attitude with great team spirit, self-motivation and leadership skills.
Qualifications You’ll Need:
- Experience in operation and maintenance of turf, grounds and ice making equipment is an asset
- Suitable combination of education and/or several years of related experience
- Class 5 drivers are required
- May be required to hold or obtain relevant training and certification such as WHIMIS, weed application licence, first aid, CPR, forklift, etc.
- Provincial Refrigeration, Level II Certificate is an asset
- Clear written and oral communication skills are required
- Effective leadership skills with demonstrated success in developing, leading, and managing operation teams is required
- Must have basic computer literacy skills such as Microsoft Office
- Full-time, permanent position with some shift work included
- Full benefits package that includes a employer matched pension plan, dental, vision, extended health, travel coverage and more
Want to apply?
Step 1: Find all information at www.winkler.ca/p/employment
Step 2: Deliver your resume in one of the following ways:
City of Winkler
185 Main St. Winkler, MB
* please state the position you are applying for if mailing your resume
Wendy Klassen, HR Manager
185 Main Street Winkler
Marked “Attn: HR – Recreation Maintenance Supervisor Application”
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2022 Recreation Maintenance Supervisor Application”
Sunday, Sept 25, 2022
We appreciate all applications. However, only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Disability accommodations available upon request.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POSITION?
Please submit your questions here: https://forms.office.com/r/EFWLPw5WqH