The Winkler Aquatic Centre at 580 Park Street is a family-friendly public pool which features a twisty waterslide, speed slides, diving boards, climbing wall, hot tubs, zero-depth beach entry, spray park, kiddie pool, family change rooms, drink machines and a canteen.
Set in the heart of the city right near the Campground, Park, Arts & Culture Gallery, and Grandeur's beautiful flower garden this place is sure to keep you coming back.
2022 opening date is Friday, May 27th!
To read the Aquatic Centre's general rules click here.
LESSONS REGISTRATION DATES
May 17 at 12pm for Winkler & RM of Stanley residents
May 18 at 12pm for everyone
Registration will be online & over the phone ONLY. Staff will be available to answer phones between 12pm and 7pm. Please call 204-325-8212 ext.1 or 204-325-8333 ext. 1.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW PRIOR TO REGISTRATION
- Your ActiveNet account username and password.
- To log in click here.
- If you previously had a MaxGalaxy Account with us, your information has been transferred over to ActiveNet, do not create a new account. To login, click “forgot your password?”. The same email address that you used on your MaxGalaxy account will be your email address in ActiveNet and an email will be sent over to reset your password.
- If you forget your password or have any issues logging in, do not make another account. Contact us at 204-325-8212 or 204-325-8333 and we will reset it for you.
- If you do not have an existing account, click here to create one.
- For each member of your family, add an additional family member to your account
- What levels your children need to be registered in.
- To view our Registration FAQ's click here.
ON REGISTRATION DAY
Have the following ready:
- Your Credit Card
- Your preferred classes with an additional options if the classes you want are full.
Due to the high volume of phone calls, social media messages and emails, we would encourage everyone to call if you require assistance. If you do not reach one of our staff, please leave a message and try again later. We will not be answering Facebook and Instagram messages on registration day.
LESSONS OFFERED IN 2022
Starfish/Duck: 4-24 months, parented
Sea Turtle: 2-3 years old, parented
Sea Otter: 3-5 years old
Salamander: 4-5 years old
Red Cross Swim Kids – Levels 1-10:
We will be offering a combination of group classes and 1 on 1 lessons.
To register your child in level 1, they must be 5 years of age by the last day of the class. For example, if the class runs from May 31st - June 11th and the child’s birthday is on June 13, they cannot enroll in the class. No exceptions will be made.
In Red Cross swim kids, children must pass one level to move onto the next. One can retake a level as many times as needed. Instructors must see each skill performed correctly by the swimmer 3 times throughout the course of the session to pass the level.
Jellyfish: this is for kids age 7-10 who have never taken lessons before. At the end of the session, the child will pass the level for which their swimming skills reflects.
Dolphin: this is for kids age 10-14 who have never taken lessons before. At the end of the session, the child will pass the level for which their swimming skills reflects.
Bronze Medallion: a course to teach lifesaving and CPR-A. 25 hours in length including the exam. This course is the prerequisite to Bronze Cross.
- Must be 13 years of age by the last day of the course
- Red cross swim kids levels are recommended but not required
Bronze Cross: this builds on Bronze Medallion, teaching lifesaving and CPR-C. We teach this along with standard first aid to fulfill the prerequisite requirements for NL. 35 hours in length for bronze cross and standard first aid, including exams.
- Must have bronze medallion by first day of course
Aqua Adults: Swim Lessons for those 18+
|Levels 1-4, Jellyfish, Dolphin & Pre-school||$68|
|Levels 9-10 & Adult||$78|
|1 on 1 Private Lessons||$103|
|Bronze Cross w/ First Aid||$249.38|
Rentals - 1 hour
|0 - 75 people (4 guards)||$212.24|
|76 - 150 people (5 guards)||$318.36|
|151 - 250 people (6 guards)||$451.01|
|251 - 350 people (7 guards)||$583.66|
|351 + people (8 guards)||$742.85|
*$100 non-refundable booking deposit required for all private rentals
*After the first hour rates are 50% off
Pool rental bookings will open on Thursday, April 7, 2022. Rentals will be available on Thursday evenings in June and Monday & Thursday evenings in July & August.
To request a private pool rental, please fill out the Aquatic Centre Rental Agreement & send to Lani at email@example.com. A $100 booking deposit is required to confirm your date (online, over the phone & in person payments available).