The Winkler Aquatic Centre at 580 Park Street is a family-friendly public pool which features a twisty waterslide, speed slides, diving boards, climbing wall, hot tubs, zero-depth beach entry, spray park, kiddie pool, family change rooms, drink machines and a canteen.
Set in the heart of the city right near the Campground, Park, Arts & Culture Gallery, and Grandeur's beautiful flower garden this place is sure to keep you coming back.
The City of Winkler's Aquatic Centre to opened on Monday, July 6th 2020!
Swimming lessons and public swim are in full swing.
Due to Provincial restrictions related to COVID-19 and to ensure the health & safety of our pool staff and guests, we will be operating at a reduced capacity. Click here to see our opening plan.
SWIM LESSONS POLICIES & PROTOCOLS
Click here to read the Winkler Aquatic Centre's New Swim Lesson Policies & Protocols.
LESSONS REGISTRATION DATES
June 9 at 12pm for Winkler residents
June 10 at 12pm for everyone
Please Do NOT use the Safari browser as it has been causing issues and registration may not go through. Try a different browser or give us a call for help.
Staff will be available to answer phones between 12pm and 7pm on June 9th and 10th. Please call 204-325-8333 ext. 1 or 204-325-8212 ext.1.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW PRIOR TO REGISTRATION
- Your MaxGalaxy account username and password.
- To log in click here.
- What levels your children need to be registered in.
- If your child passed lessons at another facility, please contact us ahead of the swimming lessons registration day at 204-325-8333 ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your children's name(s) and level(s) they have passed and we will manually update the system so you don’t have an error message on registration day.
- For Winkler Residents:
- When filling in your address, please type out the full address with no abbreviations.
- If you are creating an account or have recently moved and want to ensure your address is recognized as a Winkler resident, please contact the Rec Office.
- Note: If your address includes a Unit Number, it may not be recognized. Please contact the Rec Office and we will change that manually.
ON REGISTRATION DAY
Have the following ready:
- Your computer or laptop. The online registration system will not always work from a cell phone.
- Your Credit Card (MasterCard or Visa only)
- Your preferred classes with an additional options if the classes you want are full.
Due to the high volume of phone calls, Facebook messages and emails, we would encourage everyone to call the Rec Office if you require assistance. If you do not reach one of our staff, please leave a message and try again later. We will not be answering Facebook and Instagram messages on registration day.
Due to Covid-19 and the protocols outlined by the Province of Manitoba, as well as to ensure the safety of all our patrons and staff, there will be a number of modifications to the operations of the Winkler Aquatic Centre for the 2020 season. More information will be released prior to the opening of the pool, however some of the measures we are taking specific to swimming lessons include:
- The cancellation of all preschool lessons
- Smaller classes for all levels
- Registration online or over the phone only
- Additional cleaning and sanitation
- Limiting capacity to ensure physical distancing requirements can be met.
LESSONS OFFERED IN 2020
Red Cross Swim Kids – Levels 1-10
We will be offering a combination of small group classes and 1 on 1 lessons. Click here for the Swim Lessons Schedule.
To register your child in level 1, they must be 5 years of age by the last day of the class. For example, if the class runs from June 1-12 and the child’s birthday is on June 13, they cannot enroll in the class. No exceptions will be made.
In Red Cross swim kids, children must pass one level to move onto the next. One can retake a level as many times as needed. Instructors must see each skill performed correctly by the swimmer 3 times throughout the course of the session to pass the level.
- Lessons will be 30 minutes in length, with the exception of Level 9/10 for 45 minutes.
- Class sizes will be reduced.
- Cost: Levels 1-10, Jellyfish & Dolphin - $76
- Cost: 1 on 1 - $101
Jellyfish: this is for kids age 7-10 who have never taken lessons before. At the end of the session, the child will pass the level for which their swimming skills reflects.
Dolphin: this is for kids age 10-14 who have never taken lessons before. At the end of the session, the child will pass the level for which their swimming skills reflects.
Bronze Medallion: a course to teach lifesaving and CPR-A. 25 hours in length including the exam. This course is the prerequisite to Bronze Cross.
Please Note: For the 2020 season, we require that participants bring their own partner to act as a victim for rescues in this course. The partner is not required to pay any fees. Partner must be able to swim their lengths in the deep end.
- Must be 13 years of age by the last day of the course
- Red cross swim kids levels are recommended but not required
- Cost: $137.75
Bronze Cross: this builds on Bronze Medallion, teaching lifesaving and CPR-C. We teach this along with standard first aid to fulfill the prerequisite requirements for NL. 35 hours in length for bronze cross and standard first aid, including exams.
We require that participants bring their own partner to act as a victim for rescues in this course. The partner is not required to pay any fees. Partner must be able to swim their lengths in the deep end.
- Must have bronze medallion by first day of course
- Cost: $239.75
**We will not be offering preschool or adult lessons this year.**
More information regarding leadership courses, including WSI and NL will be shared at a later date.
Registration is now open!
Please Do NOT use the Safari browser as it has been causing issues and registration may not go through. Try a different browser or call us at 204-325-8212 for assistance!
NL Course - $375
- August 17-20, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm (1 hour lunch break)
- August 21, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (1 hour lunch break)
**Required materials: Candidates must bring a bathing suit, towels, and face mask to the course. Whistles and barrier devices are included in the cost and will be provided.
WSI Course - $335
- July 28, 30, August 4, 6, 10, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Online Component: July 28 - August 11
- Co-Teaching Component: July 28 - August 14
**Required materials: Candidates must bring a bathing suit, towels, and face mask to the course.
WSI Re-certification - $75
- July 25, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
**Online portion must be completed before the in-person component on July 25. Instructions are sent upon registration.
**Required materials: Candidates must bring a bathing suit, towel, and face mask to the in-person component on July 25.
|Levels 1-10, Jellyfish, Dolphin & Adult||$76|
|1 on 1 Private Lessons||$101|
|Bronze Cross w/ First Aid||$239.75|
Rentals - 1 hour
|0 - 75 people (4 guards)||$204.00|
|76 - 150 people (5 guards)||$306.00|
|151 - 250 people (6 guards)||$433.50|
|251 - 350 people (7 guards)||$561.00|
|351 + people (8 guards)||$714.00|
*$50 non-refundable booking deposit for all regular rentals
*After the first hour rates are 50% off
Pool rental bookings will open on Wednesday, April 8th. Rentals will be available on Monday and Thursday evenings in July & August. You can contact Taylor Reimer at 204-325-8212 ext 2 or email@example.com for all private pool rentals.
July: 14, 15, 16, 21, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30.
August: 3, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 24, 25, 26, 27, 31.
September: 1, 2, 3.
Please DO NOT use the Safari browser as it has been causing issues and reservations may not go through.